Please see below for special offers from my Amazon shop on Samsung Products for August 2017. Continue reading
Please see below for tablet deals from my Amazon Shop for 11/04/2017 Continue reading
Please see below for a small selection of Windows 10 tablet devices from my Amazon Shop for January 2017.
[amazon_link asins=’B00YCX7SGU,B01N8UCOPG,B01IRUN6EG,B014HAME02,B00A9308NM,B0142739OA,B013DUNOA6,B00YCX7SGU’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’esgil-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’64cf4488-dff7-11e6-b516-ad1ede9dd614′]
Some of the deals I have available on Microsoft Windows Tablets
Following from my “What does the tech expert do?” post the other day. I thought I would post some insights into what I run on my indispensable Android Tablet. Firstly to make life easy I ditched the standard operating System and replaced it with CyanogenMod. Its great and much better than the stock Samsung Android operating system. Performance and battery life are both very much enhanced. So what apps are indispensable on this device. Well for a start the standard Google stack is a great baseline. After that these are the pick of the bunch from those that I have installed:
- Office 365 – Great for complex Microsoft Office documents!
- Office Suite Pro 7 – A great office suite.
- DriveDroid – Boot computers from your Android device! Great tool has helped me out a number of times.
- National Rail – I am especially fond of the “get me home” – has saved my bacon on a number of occasions!
- Piwik – Website monitoring on the move!
- Whatsapp – Essential messaging app, probably needs very little introduction.
- WordPress – Website management and blogging on the move. An essential app for me.
- Twitter – Needs little introduction, but I do like the ability to manage multiple twitter accounts.
- Facebook – This one definitely needs no introduction!
- Link2SD – Excellent app for managing applications on an SD card.
- Owncloud – I love owncloud! Its so much more secure than Dropbox and the addons extend its usage so well. I say this eats Dropbox for breakfast! I’m a little peeved that they have started charging for the Android App though.
- Momento Database – Great tool for customised databases on the move great for capturing leads and much more!
- Photoshop Express – Excellent photo editing.
- Meta Trader 5 – Excellent trading app!
- Bloomberg – Best market news ever!
- Entrepreneur – Investment and private equity news – quality!
- MD Scan – Mobile document scanning, brilliant tool!
I have been using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 for just under a year and have had to live with some serious limitations with regards to functionality from the Samsung build of Android 4.03 (Ice Cram Sandwich) such as no support for App2sd. My Galaxy tab is a part business device and part play device. The other day I came across the Cyanogen Mod kit for “rooting” the Galaxy Tab. I rooted the device and installed Cyanogen and then the Google tools. I have to say I am so impressed. Performance has been increased by about 40 %, usable on board disk space by about 50 % and battery life has increased by 30%. The interface is slicker and friendlier too. If you have become disenchanted with the Factory installed operating system on The Samsung Galaxy Tab devices in a similar fashion to which I have I do suggest you give Cyanogen a try. I really rate it! I shall be taking delivery of a Samsung Galaxy S4 shortly and the first thing I shall do is to replace the stock operating system with Cyanogen.
After a chat with a contact about this challenge. It has been suggested I post more about it. So here goes.
The basics are still the same:
In order to get the weight down and get it all in one bag i’m considering travelling with just an Android tablet. Ok its a Motorola Xoom 32GB with a 32 GB MicroSD card on board.
So how do we do this? What Apps are essential on an Android device for a jaunt such as this? What should be junked? Am I crazy? Can it be done? Will it be good enough for business?
What I am trying to do is replace this:
Can it be done?
So i’m off to Luxembourg on business trip on behalf of SystemNet Data, a Court Capital Partners business next week. Normally I travel on business with tons of kit in my briefcase notably, a laptop, tablet device, kindle, iPod, external hard drives, camera, memory stick, backup mobile and more. In order to get the weight down and get it all in one bag i’m considering travelling with just an Android tablet. Ok its a Motorola Xoom 32GB with a 32 GB MicroSD card on board. So how do we do this? What Apps are essential on an Android device for a jaunt such as this? What should be junked? Am I crazy? Can it be done? Will be good enough for business? Let me know your thoughts? On the subject of Luxembourg wheres a good hotel and places to eat and drink?